TUTORIAL – 5
Constituents Of Photography
Photography is constituted with five basic components viz.,
5. Life or Sense of Feeling.
1. Vision is the way we look or take the things of our world. Since vision differs person to person it is an individual Philosophy of a Photographer.
2. Visualization is a sort of intuition or an ability of preconceiving of framing the scene happening in the next moment.
3. Lines are the veins carrying viewer’s eye/sight to the center of interest.
4. Light is the pumping heart enabling veins/lines to perform their job skillfully.
5. Life or Sense of Feeling is the soul of photography producing the ‘CHAMTKAAR’ or WOW effect in the image.
In the image given below we may trace curves, vertical lines and triangular lines. Rock in center flanked by two big rocks looks like a lonely old woman or you may see it as a hermit in Meditation. This way though the rock is inanimate it conveys the sense of feeling. Dark tone separates the rock in F/G from light tone of B/G rock. The image was taken in Bero village near Asansol in November 15.
Photography by Shivji Joshi
About the Author:
A.FIAP, Hon FIP, Hon.ECPA
M.A.Philosophy (Gold Medalist), Ph.D., Retd.professor & Head, Dept Of Philosophy. Photography is his passion. Got more than 200 awards including Kodak, Nikon & 10 Gold medals. 20 slide shows at Singapore, MIT U.S.A., Mumbai. Ahmadabad, Varanasi,Indore etc. Published pics in ‘Popular Photography’ U.S.A., Practical Photography. Amateur Photographer England, Invited as a member of jury by Lalit Kala Academy, Lucknow and Ahmadabad and about 60 International salons held in India.
With Love & Passion
© Smile Art Beats 2016